You are here


Submitted by Shelagh Boardman on Tue, 09/01/2018 - 14:01

Joiner Page UK

Submitted by Shelagh Boardman on Mon, 08/01/2018 - 22:19

The current rates of subscription are:
United Kingdom residence membership £10.00
Overseas membership (including Europe) £15.00

Your subscription can be remitted
• by cheque, made payable to Liverpool & S W Lancashire FHS sent to the Membership Secretary
• or by debit or credit card on our secure payment page on our website:

New members joining after 30th September will be entitled to membership until 31st December the following year.

Renewal Subscriptions are due on 1st January each year
Renewing members wishing to pay by Standing Order can request a form before 1st December from the Membership Secretary

Please note we cannot accept foreign currency.

Members may publish up to ten family names that they are researching on our website and in the Journal
Once you have paid your subscription, you will receive the log-in details for the Members’ Only Section. Should you not have access to the internet, you can complete the form which is published each year in the March journal.

The Society currently holds over 3,000 certificates of birth, marriage and death which have been donated by members.
In accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act, your details will remain strictly confidential with the exception of its use within the Society, and will not be used for any other purpose.

If you fail to renew your membership for a period of three years, your details will be removed from our database. If you Gift Aid subscriptions, the records will be retained for six years after the last donation to comply with HMRC requirements.

We can reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 of your subscription.
However, for this to happen, you must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the UK for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities that you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year. Other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.

Please notify us if you
• Want to cancel your declaration
• Change your name or home address
• No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

You can gift aid your membership subscription on the application form